Thursday, December 31, 2009

Missing

Someone I love is missing. She's a vibrant woman, about 5'7" with long brown hair and green eyes. She's healthy and active. A lifelong farm girl, she works hard and can pull her fair share. She loves to ride her horses and take long hikes in the woods. She's adventuresome and loves the outdoors.

In her younger years she was a R.O.T.C. cadet and could out run and out muscle a fair amount of men. She loved to skydive at the local air park and ride roller coasters. She could work all day without getting tired, much less exhausted.

This missing friend vanished sometime in late 2002. She was replaced by another woman. This woman is a sad replacement, she is overweight and unhappy. The newbie struggles to walk to the barn and no longer enjoys being outside in the summer heat. My toddler wears her out and she worries that she will disappoint him. She can't buy flattering clothing, and she feels depressed and overwhelmed. This replacement can't run to the mailbox much less six miles, and feels too fat to even try to go to the air park.

Things are about to change though. I have a plan to find my long lost friend. I'm pretty sure that I can lure her back with some healthy foods and lots of good habits. I'm going to start looking for her around the barn and near my dusty barbells.

Tomorrow it will be 2010 and I have missed ME for way too long!

Care to join me on my journey?

3 comments:

  1. This was such a great post!! By the end I was so completely excited for you and I don't even know you!!!

    Good luck!!

    There are a ton of good weight loss blogs out there. If you haven't found any two that I love to follow are Try, Try Again and Losing the 40. I have a link to both of them in my side bar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! I'll join you. I think I used to know someone similar to her. She's around here somewhere. In fact, I think she wants to be found. I swear I've heard her over recent weeks crying "hello??? remember me? I'm sick of hiding. Hide and seek over!" :-) Happy New Year!!!! Happy New Life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Laura for your encouragement! I will check out the blogs you suggested.

    Julie we can do it! I'm looking forward to taking this journey with you.

    Happy New Year and yes, Happy New Life!!

    ReplyDelete