Friday, January 1, 2010

50 Extra Pounds

Normally I'm not a resolution kind of gal but this year my brain "kicked my butt into gear" just in time for January 1st. I'm hoping my momentum and the momentum of those sharing my journey will propel us all onto a brighter and better 2010.

Being overweight can steal your entire identity. I talked yesterday about the missing me, the woman that is dying to get out. People can't see that woman any more. All they see is this:



This picture was taken at my son's first birthday party in May. I am honestly ashamed to put this in his scrapbook (much less post it here).

When people who don't know me ask me about my life, they see the woman in the picture. They can't imagine that this woman works with horses, much less rides them. (Isn't that a thin person's sport?) She obviously needs help loading that 100 pound sack of feed. (If she's that heavy she obviously sits around on her behind.) She wouldn't be interested in the hiking group at church. (She doesn't look like the type that likes to walk). I could go on, but I think you get my point. Nothing is more discouraging than to have people look at you like you are a liar when you talk about the things that make you, you.

I am on my way to changing it! No more excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment