Monday, January 11, 2010

Good Monday

I had been avoiding church, as well as any other public places, in order to keep my son from being exposed to the H1N1 virus. I'm not usually one to panic over something like the flu, but a local friend of mine lost her sister to H1N1. Her sister was only in her thirties and the shock of it really made an impact on me. Rest assured I am not a helicopter mom, but even before her passing, the voice in my head cautioned me over and over that it was critical to do everything I could to protect him from exposure. I choose to listen to that inner voice, particularly when it speaks to me about my son. I have chosen to ignore the voice a few times in the past and regretted it each time.

Yesterday we were able to attend church services again as a family and I just can't get over what a difference it made in my mood. I feel renewed and lifted.

This morning I got up early and was actually able to get in some "me" time before my son woke up, and I've even managed to start cutting a few fabric blocks for a charm swap. I don't know about you, but I find it so much easier to complete my workouts etc. when my day starts off right.

I've managed to cut my soda intake down to 1 a day, which is a major accomplishment for me, and I've stayed on track with my water consumption. Now that I have my routine down it is time to start working on my food choices. More on that tomorrow.


Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door. I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. -Revelation 3:20

2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY agree with you about listening to that small voice within. I am just like you... the times I didn't, or wrote it off, I regretted. It's only in hindsight that we (sometimes) know the whole story. But ahead of things, we just have to trust. Good job, Mama!
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't taken my daughter to church, but twice since she was born and she is almost 4 months. I am fearful of all of this sickness. When winter is over we will go back. I know I need it. It does help my attitude so much!

    ReplyDelete